World of Ignis Wiki: Copyrights
The copyrights of the WOI Wiki state that the content of WOI Wiki is licensed freely under the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (also known as CC BY-NC 4.0). This means that authors retain ownership of any contribution submitted to the WOI Wiki but permanent license WOI to use it on this site. People may share and adapt content from the WOI Wiki as long as they adhere to the license terms.
There are many aspects of the ownership of the site:
- The site www.worldofignis.com is owned and operated by World of Ignis.
- The copyright of a particular edit is made by the author who made the edit.
- The software the site uses, Mediawiki, is owned by its respective contributors.
- Final Fantasy XV and its respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix.
- All other content is trademarks or registered trademark of their respective owners.
Copyright information must be added to the image description of every image.
The copyright for individual components of screenshots and scans from Square Enix's game, promotional, printed materials belongs to them, but copyright for the overall composition rests with the image creator, which is licensed to the WOI Wiki, as with textual content. The copyright for company logos belongs to those companies, but we are allowed to host them under United States law's "fair use" doctrine.
Other pictures should be available under the license or in the public domain. Any images that violate copyright are subject to deletion.
Using Materials from the WOI Wiki
Overall you are free to
- Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt: remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
- Attribute: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use; and
- NonCommercial: You may not use the material for commercial purposes. A commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
We cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Attribution is considered the following:
- identification of the creators of the Licensed Material, World of Ignis;
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to the Public License, CC BY-NC 4.0, including a link;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material, the article or image page; and
- indicate if you modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications.
As an example, if you were to use information from the "Final Fantasy XV" article from our website with no modifications, an example notice would be as follows:
This article is licensed under the <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/">Creative Commons BY-NC 4.0 license</a>. It uses material from the WOI Wiki article <a href="https://worldofignis.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV">"Final Fantasy XV"</a>.
In the event you find a violation of the licensing terms, please contact WOI at firstname.lastname@example.org, even if the issue has already been resolved.